The Vision

The Vision

Monday, January 28, 2013

4th and 5th Week of January

Well, this has been another productive couple of weeks as you will see in the photos.  For those interested I am using Google blogger which is a free service and saves me emailing out allot of pictures to all interested.  My framing crew, Joe Rodger's Construction out of Mineola, TX has been super.  I'm also using Cade's Building Supply, also out of Mineola.

The house is turning out exactly as we pictures and planned for.  I've learned a few things along the way which I will share when appropriate.



  Garage

Weather holding out thank god!



There is allot of wood in this house!  I added 1/2 inch of foam to outside stud to act as a thermal break.










Note my "office& temporary home"  is now dwarfed in the back.
 
I'm using Louisiana Pacific Smart siding for out exterior lap siding and trim.  I't a wood product with a 50 year warranty.  Pre-primed and much easier to work with than the popular Hardie siding.


Front side... Still needs some stairs.  The front porch is 632 square feet.

Doors and windows in


Two faux dormers going on back.  The one dormer closest is actually a skylight into the kitchen!

Rear Porch is actually three section.  On right is a walk out from master bedroom.  In the middle is a screened porch with walkout from living room, all connect to the rear kitchen door with a breezeway.




Find Waldo, I mean Reg :)


 

Discussing something this past weekend, something important I'm sure!






 Stewart came up with Reg this past weekend and attended a welcoming party with the neighbors. There were three other couples there with kids.  He took this one of Reg and I..


So do you think it looks like the drawing at the top of this blog??


1 comment:

  1. Looking good, Bob!
    And, yep, it does look like the picture!
    Art

    ReplyDelete