The Vision

The Vision

Monday, April 22, 2013

Mid-April

Mid- April started out with the drywall installed and the drywall finisher starting his grueling work.  A most tedious job for sure.  Regina and I have elected to go with a "smooth" finish as opposed to a textured or "old world" style finish popular today.  The smooth finish is more an old fashion, farmhouse style we are aiming for.  Finally made some more progress on the cedar shingle siding by renting some scaffolding.  Also, got the octagonal window installed and the mason contractor got stated on the veneer stone.  Remember this veneer stone is really Texas limestone cut thin to about 2 in. It is called Texas Blend and comes from this quarry in West Texas.  http://www.covenantstone.com/  Lastly, today the septic tank installation got started.  The only disappointment is the exterior painters have put us out a couple of weeks.

First is a picture of the wood I bought to build the porch railings that will really complete the outside look along with the shutters I hope to complete soon.  Stacked in the barn to dry.





Took me awhile to figure out how to do the bay window edges corners.




The octagonal window actually opens out




Finished stone wainscotting









Originally thought I could do this job myself...glad I hired a mason









I actually had to do some interior demolition.  The framers built the wall next to where the refrigerator too tall, so I had to redo it.  That's my 8 foot ladder



Used a sawzall



Added a little framing



Tada!

Some local flora ....... we don't have any bluebonnets, but maybe in the future.  These aree actually just considered weeds, but they are pretty..






We have a septic tank!  It is a 600 gal, 19,000 lb concrete tank with three compartments




Digging the hole, 8 feet deep






The fellow in this picture is the operator and is actually using a wireless remote control to unload the tank










No comments:

Post a Comment